• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M274 pull start

hochimin

i just purchased a M274A5 with pull start,its hard to believe they would put a pull start on one of these,its not like starting a lawn mower,does anyone else have a pull start model ? is it hard to add a starter and alternator ?

FloridaAKM

Hey, I pulled on that handle a few times to see if the engine was free; it's not that hard to pull it to start it. No, it never started due to sitting for a.......while
!

RodUSMC1962

They don`t call them mules for nothing. All our mule were pull start. They NEVER started worth a darn. We usually pulled them with a mighty mite or if we had enough guys pushed them, they were handy little things, newer models had electric starts. They can be converted,but you have to do a lot of work. If I had one I would do the conversion. 2cents

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a A4 that has a pull start and it starts like a dream in 4 or 5 pulls. But the A5's never came with a pull start only elect start. Now that being said someone could of added that on later.

joel

I have an A5, only have had 3 or 4 months,has starter, added an alternator, it has always started but with the choke pulled out, which I found with these type of engines you always have to do.I have tried push/start and it starts right up.