• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 made it home!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost feel like I was involved as Ron called me about the filters, too! He and I talked for about 30 minutes about your filter issue. Not sure if you used my advice, but I suggested removing the primary filter if you absolutely had to do so (assuming that this would be the filter that would clog first) after all, you still would have two more filters. Again, I normally would not suggest that, but doing so beats being stuck on the side of the road...been there, done that...no fun! Congratulations on the beautiful truck and the safe recovery.

HELLRIDER

Hi,Bruce! Yeah, I did remove the primary filter! There was a lot of junk in the canister. Thank you for taking the time to be a part of my trip! I have a huge amount of respect, for everyone at Steel Soldiers! It is an awesome feeling to know that people are looking out for each other! I hope i can be of service, to anyone that needs help in the future! Thanks again! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

pinzgauer pete

Good Job Hoff, I am glad you rescued this set from the scrap yard...I would be pissed knowing this fine example of american steel would be turned into a toyota or some cheap quality offshore made tool or whatnot.

DavidB

Nice save ,no it would not have gone to scrapers I was watching but did not want to "run it up".I have a White also 1963 non winch with M146 trailer cover of Military Vehicle Magazine #125.Also proper chase vehicle in photos great save be proud.
DavidB

HELLRIDER

Thanks, DavidB! I didn't mean if I didn't buy it, it was going to the scrap yard. The guy told me, he would not re list it, if it didn't sell, and would have scrapped it. Yeah, that's my buddy's f-350. it's a great truck! Have a good one! :smile:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a pleasure helping you get your outfit home!

Bruce, I thought of you when he began with the filter problem as he was in your state,(small one at that), and are always helpful. I was hoping you had or knew of someone with filters nearby. Advising him to run without the primary filter was my next choice.
[thumbzup]

Greg, I thought of you since I knew you would pass through there that weekend and would drop off filters to him if he was still there and always willing to lend a hand. [thumbzup]

Last edited: