• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 Towing Pics

cphillips

Over the past couple months I have been restoring a 1948 Rogers Lowboy to go behind my M275 that I will be using to haul my antique tractors and cars around. It is just about done now all that is left is the deck, hydraulic rear ramps and hydraulic ground-bearing cylinder for dropping the deck. No load on the trailer the truck still pulls 50-55 mph at 2000rpm fairly easy, with my LDS. Here are some pics from her first trip down the road with the trailer today.

trailer7.jpg
trailer6.jpg
trailer5.jpg
trailer4.jpg
trailer3.jpg
trailer2.jpg
trailer1.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rig is turning out nice! That has to be one of the first detach trailers ever made. Don't try this with anything but a LDS.

cphillips

They are 11x20 tires and unless my tach is way off it is doing 55 at about 2000-2100rpm. I have verified the speed with a gps and another car. I usually cruise at 2000rpm regardless of what the speedo says just because I feel that is what the engine sounds comfortable at.

ATPTac

They are 11x20 tires and unless my tach is way off it is doing 55 at about 2000-2100rpm. I have verified the speed with a gps and another car. I usually cruise at 2000rpm regardless of what the speedo says just because I feel that is what the engine sounds comfortable at.
Ah, that makes more sense. I have 11x20's on our '76 and that sounds about right. I couldn't tell from the pictures if they were 11's or not, it kind of looked like it but I wasn't sure.

cphillips

With the black frame it really doesn't look like 11's sometimes but they are. Ive turned the fuel up some and on acceleration it is about 1150 on the pyro and cruising it is about 1100 at 2,000rpm. This seems safe to me but has anybody else towed for miles on end at 1100 degrees on their pyro?

cphillips

Dave, are those winches on the back of that M275? I got a 15,000 lb hydraulic winch going on my lowboy that will be powered along with the rest of the hydraulics.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an axle on the back of it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With the black frame it really doesn't look like 11's sometimes but they are. Ive turned the fuel up some and on acceleration it is about 1150 on the pyro and cruising it is about 1100 at 2,000rpm. This seems safe to me but has anybody else towed for miles on end at 1100 degrees on their pyro?
I have run at 1100-1200 for many miles.

Triple C

Gimpyrobb, am I reading this correct, you have run 1100-1200 degrees for many miles? If so, I didn't know any motor would pyro that hot for long pulls and not have problems. What is your water temp showing when you do that?