• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 Tractor Recovery

rwbrown72

Here goes my first recovery... er.... pickup from a private seller. You decide if it is a recovery. It will be a medium distance. (201 Miles) One thing going for me is that the owner says it is in good running condition. It is a former brush fire truck. I bought it sight-unseen. Wish me luck....

RWB

P.S. Photos to follow!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. If you need drawings for the original catwalk PM me, I can send you a set so you can have a local sheetmetal shop fab you one up. Also the 5th wheel spacers.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking M275. What did it go for? I have a catwalk and will be through IL in June.

NDT, do you have the drawings electronic? I need the ones for the spacers.:grin:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure but am guessing the smaller diamond plate deck is the same as the deuces so it should be very reasonable. SECO has the quarter fenders and ramps. The 5th wheel is cheap ($150 or less).

rwbrown72

We are on the clock now! Gotta get the supplies loaded in the chase truck and head out. 201 miles each way. More to follow. stay tuned.:)

rwbrown72

Chase truck is loaded with most of the checklist. Will be stopping at NAPA on the way. Hurry up and wait for my friend who will drive the chase truck home. Hurry...hurry....wait! Sound familiar? Here is a photo of the chase truck. I will not be posting until we get back. Story at 6.

Attachments

rwbrown72

Well guys we were not able to get it home. The truck had an air leak and was leaking oil. The weather has turned bad, so we made a decision to drop the truck off at C and C equipment in Unionville IN. It was nice to meet Clinton and see their shop. He does very good work. I've asked him to do some repairs on the truck to make it roadworthy and safe. For now, recovery is incomplete. We are headed home safe and dry in a pouring thunderstorm in the chase truck. This would not have been fun in the M275. It has more leaks than I would care to count. More updates later. Time to spend some money.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Find!! Original with winch is very rare! I'm glad you found a real one to save.

Is the trailer conection equipment still there behind the cab? Trolley brake on the column?

Once again, nice job!!

I have a 67 M275A2. It's great little truck.

rwbrown72

Just a little weather report from the road.... We are home now and very tired from 450 miles of driving. Time for bed. You can't see much in the video, but that is me narrating the storm. Good night for now.

Attachments

rwbrown72

Great Find!! Original with winch is very rare! I'm glad you found a real one to save.

Is the trailer conection equipment still there behind the cab? Trolley brake on the column?

Once again, nice job!!

I have a 67 M275A2. It's great little truck.
Thanks.... This one going to need some attention. The winch is bent a little and almost took out the radiator. The trolley brake is still on the column, but the trailer equipment has been removed. Still trying to piece together what I'm going to need. Gotta get it running right and home first. I will be looking all you 275 owners up in the near future. Thanks in advance for your help as I know I will need it.

Russell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks