• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275A2, What do you think its worth?

Tlauden

Hello All!!!!!

I've been eyeing this truck up for a a while now and i might decide to get it, IF and ONLY IF the price is right and the owner is willing to sell. Its an M275A2 WO/W 2936 Miles 647 Hrs. Sorry i forgot to get the year, my fiance was looking at a 109 sitting there and asking questions and distracting me aua Body/Frame is in OK condition, no thru rust anywhere, Passenger side window is cracked and the frame is rotted to the point it will need replaced. The Passenger side fender took some damage at some point in time but seems like it wouldn't be too hard of a task. It will need a new set of sneakers

The only thing i am worried about is the rear frame cross-member is pretty outta whack. it looks like someone unhooked a trailer without its landing gear down and the kingpin took hold and bent it. I was thinking a good shop could pull it off, put it in a press to re-straighten and then bolt/weld it back in place. I don't have the tools for metalworking on that kind of level.

At this time it does not start but I am thinking that it is just a simple battery issue, I had no way to jump 24 Volts today. It was running up to a few months ago, it was parked and simply not needed due to more modern tractors available. The gentleman that deals with the Deuce sales is on vacation for the week so I'm going to go next week and see what kind of deal i can work up. If it runs and as it sits I'm thinking $3,000 and throw in a hard top and free delivery (They have a Lowboy and it would be less than a 10 mile trip for them). Considering I bought my Deuce from these guys (For less than $3,000 in runnung condition) I hope they are willing to cut me a deal:?

So What do ya'll think??? Both good and bad lets hear it what you think!!

And since pics speak a thousand words:cool::cool::rolleyes:

Attachments

Tlauden

Pics 1&2, you can see the bent rear cross-member i said about

pics 9&10 is the banged up fender

Forgot to mention its a non-turbo, and no air shift front end that i could tell.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tlauden

Pic 9 Shows the rusted away window frame

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always had a soft spot for deuce tractors.

i was going to build one years ago, but jumped in with the bigger tractors.

I would think if it runs and drives, it isn't too bad. I might try offering 2500 or less, and go up from there. They are slightly rarer than the average deuce.

If it were near me, and it ran, drove, and stopped ok, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for 3k or less, looks pretty good. the rear looks a little odd, but I'm not that familiar with how it should look. I don't see the tail lights either.

dilligaf13

That's actually in pretty good shape (better than mine) especially for the age and being up north. The bent rear cross member is an easy fix. I'd probably just get a new piece of C channel cut and bolt it in. I'm sure Recvry4X4 will chime in before too long as he is very knowledgable on this model. Good luck.

Tlauden

I would think if it runs and drives, it isn't too bad. I might try offering 2500 or less, and go up from there. They are slightly rarer than the average deuce.

If it were near me, and it ran, drove, and stopped ok, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for 3k or less, looks pretty good. the rear looks a little odd, but I'm not that familiar with how it should look. I don't see the tail lights either.
I noticed the Lights along with no pintle, I think this and the destroyed cross member might go together, Light might of gotten destroyed and were removed

That's actually in pretty good shape (better than mine) especially for the age and being up north. The bent rear cross member is an easy fix. I'd probably just get a new piece of C channel cut and bolt it in. I'm sure Recvry4X4 will chime in before too long as he is very knowledgable on this model. Good luck.
I sure hope he chimes in if he knows alot, all i know is its a deuce with a shortened frame and a 5th wheel mounted haha

Guess I'm going to have to get my CDL to drive this Deuce

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks a heck of a lot better than mine when I started on it. I think this one is a '67 from the registration number on the dash. The silicone brake fluid sticker on the dash tells me the Army was using it well into the late 80's. Don't fret the naturally aspirated LD engine, that thing can pull really well. The rear crossmember can be fixed in place by backing into a big tree carefully. The rest of it is cosmetics. I would offer 3K like you said.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks pretty good in my eyes. Good quarter fenders, fuel tank and original data plates make it well worth $2500 and probably the 3 grand mark. Other that the posted damage, it looks largely unmolested. Would be a great save.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks