• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M295 trailer chassis (M313, M447) towing with super singles?

Rattlehead

Does anyone know the distance from the kingpin to the landing gear on this trailer chassis? Just wondering if I can tow it with a 5 ton and 14.00 singles.

bigbee said:
Dave,

Check with Clilnt. The M348A2N trailer I sold him is on that chassis. It's the one I towed with the Civvy tractor from IL. Says it's designed to tow behind the M818 series tractor.
Brian. the one we brought from IL looked to be shorter than the M447. the M447 is a tandem i think. . Also the civi tractor was a single axle.
Dave my M119s get a little close to the tractor drives with the XM818.

Attachments

Rattlehead

From a previous post of the M146 trailer recoveries from Lansing, you guys with the 818's and 11x20's said the landing gear was very close, and the 14.00x20's wouldn't clear. That is a single axle trailer, whereas the 447 is a tandem. I looked at the transport guidance manual and don't see enough info to determine clearances.

So what does the military actually tow with tractors on singles?

Attachments

Sorry, I thought M313 was the other number on the manual of the trailers it covered. Turns out it's M373.
I've never actually seen a singled tractor in service.
The few diagrams I can find with dimensions show just less than 72 inches from the kingpin center to the landing gear center.

n3sq

Rattlehead said:
From a previous post of the M146 trailer recoveries from Lansing, you guys with the 818's and 11x20's said the landing gear was very close, and the 14.00x20's wouldn't clear. That is a single axle trailer, whereas the 447 is a tandem. I looked at the transport guidance manual and don't see enough info to determine clearances.

So what does the military actually tow with tractors on singles?

That one looks familiar . . . :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gene is correct. This trailer loaded is quite the task to tow with the deuce tractor though. Too much weight. The 60" measurement was from the back of the kingpin to the closest part of the chassis as it steps down. Manuals are TM 9-2330-238-14 and -24P and I think I loaded them on SS too. Gene, did yours come home yet and it the landing gear OK?

Rattlehead

No, I ended up getting the M119 that's right between your M146 and the M447. Now I gotta figure out if/how much I need to move my 5th wheel back because of the super singles. I tried several times to download the manual from Logsa, but the file must be corrupt because I get errors.

Does anyone have an electronic copy of a manual for this trailer? I don't see one posted here. The only one that shows up on a Logsa search is TM 9-2330-210-14&P, but it won't download. Is this trailer chassis the same as a M146?

Attachments

citizensoldier

I dont think the M119 is the same as a M146.. The M119 has a actual frame under it and are a stronger system.. The M146's are a Unibody type thing and thats why you never see trailer hitches on the back. Dave P has both and can explain better than me.. Good score Dave! Is this for storage or do I see some window installs in your future? :wink: Screen door and porch maybe.. :shock:

Rattlehead

No window installs, not a camper; maybe the next one? LOL! Yeah I can easily justify use for at least 3 of these or similar trailers. Oh no, is "trailer ho" a contagious thing? Don't worry, I will never give a run on your title! The plans for this are still TBD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks