• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m295a1 trailer

n0rlander

First Post here. Would like to connect with anyone who has a m295a1 trailer. Does anyone know of these being towed by civilian trucks like an f350 dually? is it a kingpin or goosneck design? thanks very much for taking the time to read/post

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ron, I did see that. I think it was priced that way cause its GL's minimum bid. I doubt it actually sold that low.

n0rlander

well thanks for the replies guys. Cant a guy mount a kingpin reciever in the bed of a 1 ton dually? Is it that the trailers are too heavy or that is uses a "semi only kingpin"?

Josh

Air brakes has alot to do with it. Yet I know I've seen a picture of a dualing towing a semi trailer on here before with a plate mounted on the bed, But for the life of my I cant find the picture.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Cant a guy mount a kingpin reciever in the bed of a 1 ton dually? Is it that the trailers are too heavy or that is uses a "semi only kingpin"?
You would have to lose the bed and put the 5th wheel on the frame (unless you had a flatbed body)....and unless you wanted the landing gear on the trailer to drag the ground you would either jack up the truck (bigger tires) or raise the 5th wheel.

You would also have to rig up an air system since the trailer has air brakes.

I would not reccommed doing it. You need at least a 2.5 or 5ton truck to haul that trailer and a load.

n0rlander

thanks for the helpful replies. not really sure why the thread went on to pulling trains with teeth and stuff but thanks to the guys who were helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks