• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M332 Refurbish

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the past few weeks, I have been getting my M332 ready to be painted. This thread should record my progress. I got the trailer a few years back and haven't really done anything with it other than pulled it in a few parades.

Some rust needs to be cleaned up and some slight damage repaired. Some of the air hose ends need fixing and I have new glad hands and seals as well as a new trailer electrical connector. The tail and marker lights will be replaced with LEDs. I have some wood ammo crates to go inside for something to look at and I'm hoping to get a cargo cover for the trailer.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I've got so far -

I first thought I wanted to go all out and have the trailer sandblasted and put all new everything on it. The problem with this is that I'd end up with another $1000 into a trailer that would still only be worth half that. It seems to some extent, I still think "its just an ammo trailer," but I'd like to have a nice one. It will not be as nice as a trailer that was sandblasted, but it will be close enough for me to be happy.

I am going to clean up the many layers of paint and replace the small parts that need it.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a few more things to the trailer. Almost prepped for paint now, just a few more things to do.

Changed a few of the air lines that were not in good condition.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mostly done!

I have a few more stencils to add, like the unit markings and I was thinking about adding the "Sling" and "Tie Down" stencils to the area near the sling/tie down on the frame. Maybe a "RELEASE HAND BRAKE" in there too. Being a single color, it needs something interesting to look at to break it up, but I don't want it to get too wordy either.

I really like the LED clearance lights. They are very, very bright at night. I often move this trailer around with my CUCV, and having all LED lights on it makes the 12v output of the CUCV not a problem.

I think it turned out pretty good.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

I like it, looks good. Million dollar question: What do you use the trailer for? I really like the looks of them, and being so low, but they are real heavy and kinda small, so what do you do with it?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it, looks good. Million dollar question: What do you use the trailer for? I really like the looks of them, and being so low, but they are real heavy and kinda small, so what do you do with it?
I use it to hold my ammo crates. I moved a refrigerator with it once. I just use it as a display vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks