• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M34 Active duty

TheQuaker

I believe that’s an electric defroster. I have a couple here around somewhere.
Cool! Never ran across those before.

My Deuce is a no-heat/defrost girl so those could be interesting to add to my collection of accessories since I operate her during the winter as much as I can as long as there is no "Truck Destroyer, Granular" or residue from the same on the roads.

Jon, PM me if you locate them and have any interest in parting with them.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

TheQuaker

rofl

I am thankful for my truck's built-in defroster vents! I do need to lubricate the damper pull cables though...
Yeah, I can't take credit for the road salt humor...another member here on SS coined and trademarked that phrase and I've stolen it shamelessly on numerous occasions ;)

But, I have to say, I certainly do appreciate the heat and defrost on my 5-ton in the winter. It works amazingly well.

But without the heater/blower assembly and all the accompanying ductwork and heater hoses it is a lot easier to wrench on a non-heater truck IMO. Less things in the way of that "one" bolt , nut, or component you need to get to.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Foxtrot said -
Il n'est pas un CCKW,
GMC M135.

I will have to respectfully disagree! :)

In this photo, look at the various points on the truck with the red lines going to them, and compare those areas to the CCKW and M135 pictures next to it.
Specifically the hood opening line, the cooling louvers, the front wheel/tire, the front fender, the gap between the bottom of the cab and the step, the door opening, and the fuel tank location. Also, just the overall size of the truck.

Cheers
CCKW v M135.jpg

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The super early hydramatic GMCs had that tailgate as well.
nice! thanks for that info .. Came across many hydramatics in the mid-70's at a DRMO and out in the civvy world but none had that tailgate and all of those were duallies of several body types... By then, the only single-wheel versions (M135) I saw were missing their beds , replaced by chassis-mounted sanders at various town hwy depts .. i had an XM211 in the early 2000's, sold to a tree service, I do miss looking at it's unique lines but don't miss servicing it and don't miss worrying about that tranny .. An acquaintance has a M215 (plus a trailer load of parts) he is torn about parting with and I am tempted to convince him but what do I need it for other than to look at it? I would be too afraid to put it to work with the 5-tons

Last edited:

TheQuaker

I think one is 6volt, not sure about the other one. I’ll have to see if I can find it. I see them on eBay now and then.
Jon

No worries if they are 6V, 12V or 24V. You still have my interest in them. I will either install a step-down converter and dedicated circuit or add an appropriate battery to my Deuce BII during the winter months if it isn't 24V.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks