• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M34? Parts Help

Empty Pockets

Hi I'm new to the site. I just recently purchased a deuce that I believe to be a Reo M34. I was hoping that someone would be able to confirm my suspicions about the truck. The capacity plates are not legible anymore. My truck needs some love after sitting in a field for 5 years, but with some new batteries and some fresh gas the 331 barked back to life. I was even more amazed when the truck broke free and drove out from the ditch the truck had sunk into over the years. I need help finding parts for the oa331 engine. The passenger side manifold that the carb mounts too has a quarter inch wide crack all the way through it. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, you for sure have a M34 there. Not very easy to find, as the cargo beds were usually discarded when the trucks began a civilian life. For the manifold, you will need to call around to all the old school surplus dealers such as White Owl, Memphis Equipment, Southeastern Equipment, and see who has a line on one. Did you get the generator set too?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is a guy in the classifieds that has a bunch of GASSER engine parts

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Contact Robert at Sam Winer Motors. They have a lot of parts for all the older gasser trucks. Both GMC and REOs. He is a very good troop and easy to get along with.
Sam Winer Motors Inc.

The M34s are very hard to find in the condition you found yours in. Keep it issue perfect if you can. It would be almost a crime to mod it.

I have noticed over the years that the REO 331 Gold Comet engine seems to have cracking problems with the exhaust manifolds a lot. Mine was cracked also on my M34 and on my M35s. I have always suspected the heat riser as the culprit but cannot prove it.

Picture of a M34 being restored to issue condition. I no longer have any gassers and this truck is now the property of markmontana.

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like MACCUS said Sam Weiner has them. Antelope Valley also has them. I have 2 extra's on motors but really don't want to get rid of them unless you absolutely can't find one. Several of the gassers i've seen, have the exhaust just hanging by the manifold. I would have to think that would put a huge stress on the manifold by the flange.:cookoo:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me you email address and I will send out the TM 9-2320-209-xx 1965 edition tech manuals for the truck.

You can get the newer TM 9-2320-209-xx series manauls at www.jatonkasm35s.com

Great looking truck, keep it original if possible.

Last edited: