• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M34 Production

Empty Pockets

Hi I was wondering if any member might know the total production of the Reo M34 trucks? Were there any M34s converted to M35s or were they left alone? When the M35s came into production were the M34s surplussed out, or did they serve together with the M35s? Does anyone know when the M34s started to be surplussed out? I realize that we can only speculate but how many M34s are thought to have survived? Thanks for looking!

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember the Canadians came down to Camp Grayling Mi. for some joint forces training back in the eighties and they had at least one M34. They also had Military CJ's if I remember correctly. They were carring Sten's also I believe.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The M34 I believe was first delivered to the Army for pre production testing in 1949. With production deliveries starting in 1950. The newest M34 I have seen was a 1952 model.

The first ever Manual printed for the G-742 family (M34,35 etc) was printed in 1950 and only addressed the M34s, no other trucks in the family were addressed. The next manual printed came out in 1951 and listed the M35s and some other trucks of the family. I used to have every manual ever printed on the G-742 series but have given most to hndrsonj.

The M34s were the first of the G-742 series to be disposed of. I am not sure about just when that happened. Many, many were given to foreign countries.

Attachments