• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M342a2 factory dump truck is now home

res0wc18

I only bought this truck for the few side jobs I had this summer and to redo my driveway. Now that those are almost complete she needs to go to a new home. Even with a shop as big as mine and a 10 foot a wide by 12 tall door its a nightmare to back it in with the 3 foot wide mirrors and being by myself I won't let it sit outside in the horrble wet and moldy winters we get up here, too nice of a truck. So instead of letting her sit idle all winter id rather get her to a good home that can use her.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I only bought this truck for the few side jobs I had this summer and to redo my driveway. Now that those are almost complete she needs to go to a new home. Even with a shop as big as mine and a 10 foot a wide by 12 tall door its a nightmare to back it in with the 3 foot wide mirrors and being by myself I won't let it sit outside in the horrble wet and moldy winters we get up here, too nice of a truck. So instead of letting her sit idle all winter id rather get her to a good home that can use her.
Now this is a man that understands what retirement for these trucks is truly about. Putting them to work from time to time and being able to enjoy the trucks.

res0wc18

Thanks. I've always felt that way about these old girls. Not good to let things go unused, and I'm not the type to let things just sit around. Even more so since I spent 6 months getting this thing and back on the road.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not change the mirror mounts if you want to "narrow it up" a bit? Those are not correct for that unit. Those mirror brackets are for a bridge truck. There were more styles used than pictured here.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks