• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M348 van trailer Redstone to Mt. Vernon IL

rwbrown72

Anybody have a 818 or other tractor and want to make a run from Redstone to Mt. Vernon IL? The trip is 349 miles. The trailer is a 30 foot van trailer with a single axle. It weighs about 10,000 pounds. Should be in drivable condition. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all!

Russell Brown
:beer:

Last edited:

AMGeneral

I could probably do it,i have a M915,all legal. Just don't know how quickly you need it and how cost effective it would be.

is it still at Redstone?,Or has it already been moved off base?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandon, take a towbar with you if you move it, there is another post where a member needs an M1009 moved from Indy to Atl GA.

AMGeneral

Given the current status of my "job",I believe time will not be a problem soon,just unsure if someone would want to "feed" that 915A1 for that long of a trip.
1332 miles round trip for me.

rwbrown72

I was hoping Wreckerman might get it off base for me and then I could go and get it with my new 915 that cleared on the same EUC.... Always happens that way. The problem is that the trailer and the 915 are in different directions and I don't know the running status of the 915 yet. It was driven in and everything looked good, but you all know the drill.... If anyone could get it off base and to a storage lot or somewhere safe, I could come and get it in about 2 weeks. Let me know if anyone in that area could do it...

RB

P.S. AM... thanks for the offer, but I think the fees for your trip would be more than I paid for the trailer... If nothing else, I will pay a trucking company to get it and store it. Thanks for the offer.

rwbrown72

Well... I had a guy going to do it. He is an SS member. He backed out. This is the second and last time I trust someone on this site to do a job they say they will do. He told me he didn't have the money to pay for gas to get it and get it to me. I'm not sure why someone would agree to do a job and not be able to do it. If he had an emergency or something, I could understand. He had nothing but poor planning. This is the same thing that happened to me the last time I had an SS member that agreed to do something for me. I pay my bills and do the jobs that I agree to do! Period. Oh well... I'm sure there are a lot of really nice and honest hardworking people on this site. Sadly, none of you will be getting any business from me. Fool me once...Shame on you...fool me twice... There won't be a third time. :(

davidkroberts

I asked wreckerman about getting one for me once. He said he doesnt have a tractor anymore although he knows a guy who can haul it for a fee. You might want to get it hauled to a storage lot until you can find someone to haul it. If i remember right they dont have the 12v/24v dual lights that some of the other trailers have. The pigtails are going to be different on them. You are almost going to have to have a military tractor pick it up.

sorry i cant help my M818 is sitting in South Carolina and im on the Afganistan fast track out of the states.

rwbrown72

The pigtails are going to be different on them. You are almost going to have to have a military tractor pick it up.

The guy that was going to haul it had an 818. Right now I so mad, I just don't care. It can stay there and let GL sell it again. It would be cheaper in the long run for me. I heard a lot of talk about honest hard working people on another thread and thought that I could trust people. The guy I had for this job gave me the big song and dance about how tough the economy was and how much he appreciated the work. To heck with it. No more trusting people without a contract. Next time, I will sue the pants off of the person. This is why our society is in this position. Just be a man and do what you say your going to do. Don't be an A$$ and back out at the last minute. Be a Man! You know who you are and who I'm talking too.... I wish I were a little closer. We could take it out behind the shed and work this whole situation out! LIKE MEN!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks