• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 a2 brake master cyclinder

Big Al UK

I hope if some one could give me some advice I am trying to remove the master cylinder to fit a new one three of the bolts that hold it in place I have freed but the four one I am have difficultly with any tips or suggestions how ?? This is the one looking from the rear to the front top left.

Al

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a deep well socket, backed by a six inch extension, then a universal joint and another six inch extension, which brought it out through the hole where the brake line attaches, and there I could use the ratchet wrench. YMMV.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This bolt was conspicuously missing on my Deuce and, apparently, was treated as optional by many motor pool mechanics that did not want the aggravation....

rustystud

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh whenever I hear about people having problems getting this bolt out. I have never had a problem removing or installing this bolt, but then I'm used to removing stuff like the rear Breda motor mounts that required two 18" 1/2" extensions (one with the wobbly end) , a Snap-On universal "wobbly" and a 1-1/4" socket. It had to be snaked behind the engine where you could not see it, just feel it. Once you had it on the bolt it took a 3ft. breaker bar with 3ft handle extension to break free. If you messed up and it slipped off you could damage the sensors on the back of the engine.