• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 a2

Big Al UK

HI IM new on here I live in the united kingdom and I have just acquired a 1958 M35 a2 which I have just started to restore, I am a member of a few military vehicle clubs over here and have been for a long time. I help out with a friend of mine who owns the only running valentine DD tank in the world also I help out in the work shops at Bovington tank museum. I have been recommended to join your forum and look forward to your advice and help with any questions I have and problems I am bound to come across with M35 a2 ownership.

Alec

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Nevada, USA! Do you have any pics of your new truck? We'd love to see it!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, that looks fantastic! Are the cab & cargo bed covers canvas, or vinyl? They look like canvas in the photo.

Very nice truck!! [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice! That canvas will last you a good long time, and really looks the part. It's nice to have spares as well!

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site hobby friendships and Events (in the U.k.) to come. Nice truck. Any advice help bits etc, bell me.after a P.M.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Welcome from the land down under!

Whats the story behind your Deuce?

Where did you get it?

It looks in great condition.

What if any repairs dose it or do you think it needs?

What are your plans for it?

Aussie.

Big Al UK

I got it from a private sale the previous owner had it for 13 years bought it from a dealer in the UK. Its has a brake master cylinder problem I have a new one on order, plans Im going to change all the fluids over the next few weeks then paint the underside to protect it from the elements of the winter in the uk . It needs new windscreens has there both cracked and some welding done on the cab drivers side, there is loads of small jobs to be done as well. I would like to trace its history I have been told that it served in Germany and it was the last m35 a2 to be released but this is not confirmed in the UK all military vehicles have a history card with them telling you were and who it served with and upgrades ect I don't know if this is done in the USA if so, if someone could give me a contact so I could request the history would be great. This is the first truck I have owned and looking forward to using it .

Alec

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks