• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 a3 bobbed

big camo truck

fixing to bobb a m35a3 i have bought two trailers one m105 a1 and one m35a2 and got a set of front springs off an a2 (did not get any of the lower hardware) are these the right trailers?? how far do have to move the axle to match the trailer?? would really like to change the tire size to get more speed. do i need to make a spring block spacer like the front axle has for the rear??

DUECE-COUPE

if you move the axle back 3 inches and remove the middle brace on the front of the trailer, the bed will mount right up. the drive shaft has about 4.5 inches or slip yoke travel. this will give you a little off center of the bed fender, but without a tape measure, you can't see it. the alternative is to do nothing to the bed and move the axle back 8 inches and get the intermediate drive shaft lengthened to 55 inches. the standard drive line length from flange flange is just at 50 inches. the is will give you a wheel base of 135 inches, the same wheel base as the xm381, or better known as the grandfather of the bob tail

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not cut the bed down like the prototypes did? Only a few bobbed trucks I've seen have done that. I was just looking at the May 1955 XM381 drawing and noticed it has a payload of 2 tons and runs singled 11.00 tires not 9.00 tires. And FYI the wheel base is 136 not 135 inches.