• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 and a CDL help please?

Slmpickins28

I'm sure i'm just missing it. (And being a FNG!) Been looking most of the night on google and here. I'm looking for the law pertaining to the need of a CDL and what type to drive a M35. Could some point me in the right direction please? I live in Southern Nevada if thats any help.

Thanks in advance!
SLM

gunboy1656

Should not need a CDL there, and if you would it would be a class B. Only way you should need it is if your using it commercially. but for private use you dont need it.

Slmpickins28

Should not need a CDL there, and if you would it would be a class B. Only way you should need it is if your using it commercially. but for private use you dont need it.

Going to do a little more research on that. All that comes up is the federal weight and wheel restrictions. Frustrating! But that would be sweet if i didn't need one!

gunboy1656

Well for think about your weight you found, the deuce fully loaded is under 24,000 pounds (2,001 pounds under the CDL requirement)

Your not running a full air brake system, you have and air assisted system...so still squeek by the regs there.

Slmpickins28

Well for think about your weight you found, the deuce fully loaded is under 24,000 pounds (2,001 pounds under the CDL requirement)

Your not running a full air brake system, you have and air assisted system...so still squeek by the regs there.

True but the 3 axels might be a hang up. Sucks that the NV DMV has to be so secretive about it. Looked on thier web site and nothing. Guess I''l have to call the commercial vehicle division on Monday. Sometimes the state blows!! Thanks for your help.

scrapman

Class B is easy enough to get , so just do it and remove any doubt. That way on the side of the road with Mr. LEO there is no pissing contest as to whether you are legal or not. Also this would cover you from state to state. I do suggest that anyone that drives 3 axles or more to take this route. The extra dollars spent on getting a Class B is money well spent in avoiding roadside troubles. I.E. loading the truck with landscaping/building materials and being tagged because you have exceeded the weight limit that an ordinary operators license allows. In such a situation it is within the LEO's power to tell you to park the truck until a properly licensed driver shows up to take possession of the wheel, all the while you still may receive a citation and fine.

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

This is a big can of worms tons of post on here about the subject, just do some searching. Yes you are under the CDL except for CA. The thing to keep in mind is what is NV's different class for a DL? Ie. here in IL a reg DL (class D) would only cover you to 12k or 16k don't recall which. Would have to move up to a Class C that would cover up to 25999.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks