• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 and East Trailer trip

reb87

My middle son and I recently took a trip to Delta Ohio to pick up an East dump trailer. I put a Napa muffler on and had ouverson engineering excellent lockouts on the front. I pulled the rear driveshaft so the tandem wasnt locked together. I got 9.7 mpg empty and close to 7 pulling the 15000 lb trailer home. It was raining when I picked up the trailer from a muddy lot so I had to lock in the front axle. I didnt have any trouble pulling it out with only the middle axle and the front but put the rear driveshaft back on when I got on pavement again. It would slip a little with just the middle axle pulling. We went west thru Chicago just as hurricane ike got there. We had to detour thru town but made it out right before they shut down most of I80 from indiana to the outside of chicago. There must have been 10-20 miles of cars backed up trying to go east. We saw a neat mv on a semi that was just leaving as we pulled up so my son had to run so we could get a pic of him with the mv. We didnt really have any problems, I really like my deuce.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks