• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 and m35a1 harness differences?

silverbullet72tnt

What are the major differences between a gasser deuce harness and a multi fuel harness. I assume engine specific stuff will be different, but can/has one use/used a later harness for a gasser truck? My harness is pretty sketchy looking. I can fix what I have if needed but the price of newer harness's are pretty cheap.

Barrman

Depends on what year Gasser you have. Both of my REO Gasser trucks had Douglas fittings for most of the wire connections and the 3 lever switch had two instead of one cannon plug going to it.

If you put in a new On/Off switch with Packard fittings, a new single plug 3 lever and light buckets with Packard fittings along with Packard fitting headlights. Plus, fuel sender, stop light switch and maybe a few other things. You should be good.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A1 A2 harness will have fuel pump power at the tank and no distributor power lead. Also late harnesses will be set up with wires for push button start switch. All issues easily overcome to get the safety of new wiring.

Crazyguyla

A1 A2 harness will have fuel pump power at the tank and no distributor power lead. Also late harnesses will be set up with wires for push button start switch. All issues easily overcome to get the safety of new wiring.
The A1 A2 harnesses will have different wire lead lengths to the oil and temp sensors, but will still work. Wire #55 (Flame Heater) can be repurposed for the distributor power. It's actually the same wire location for the gasser, but repurposed for the flame heater. An A2 harness will most likely have wiring for an alternator, depending on the part number. I have an A1 harness on my gasser and everything matches up. Also, the A1 A2 harnesses will have provisions for turn signals.

Barrman

I failed to mention yesterday that I put a M35A2 harness in my 1952 M35 Gasser when I redid it 10 years ago. As mentioned above, flame heater wire repurposed to the distributor and pretty much everything else worked out perfect.

I couldn't believe the price of a M35 of any generation rear harness. If I could find one. So, I used a $20 brand new 5 ton tractor rear harness instead. I had to re pin the front to rear harness plug which took a few hours and zip tie a loop of extra wire inside the frame rail at the very rear. Otherwise, it has worked great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks