• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Bed on Gen Trailer

grobinson2

Hey guys,
At first I was going to try and turn the duce into a dump but I am thinking that it is in really good condition and I just do not want to go chopping on it. So I am thinking that I would either like to turn the 105A2 into a dump or find a generator trailer (dually) and put either a 105 bed on it that dumps or put on an M35A2 bed and turn that into a dump. Any idea how hard this would be? Any limitations or hurdles that you can think of that I would run into?

Thanks,
Glenn

grobinson2

haha... This is true... Just was not sure if I would run into issues mating a duce bed to the trailer frame since the frame was shorter then the bed and also issues with the duel wheels.

Thanks,
Glenn

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, an M200 trailer has a much higher load rating, so you "could"stretch the frame. I would just lop off 2 or so feet of the bed. The deuce has duals, should add stability. I say go for it.

papercu

Doesn't the M200 frame set a lot lower than the top of tires, be hard to mount either bed on it. What weight and kind of load will you need to carry and then find the size of trailer or truck. Wayne

grobinson2

Wayne,
Well that is what I thought but I figured as long as the bed's center beams fit between the wheel wells then I would be alright. I really need a dump truck to be honest but since I can not afford one of those right now I am going to the most bang for my buck. I have an extra duce bed now so I would not have to buy that and I figure I can find an M200 rather cheap. I also have a M105A2 but thought I could carry more weight with the M200.

Thanks,
Glenn

papercu

long as the bed's center beams fit between the wheel wells then I would be alright
Just fitting may work for light loads but what would you use as spacer between the two(bed and frame)? The higher you go and if the load is not level the more stress you'll have. Wayne

area52

There was a guy a year or two ago on here that had put a deuce bed on a M200A1 genny trailer. Towed it behind his M109A3 with his dirt bikes in it. He had to put "spacers" on the frame to sit the bed higher if I remember right. No dumper though.

grobinson2

Thanks guys for the info. I am diffidently going with the M200 and the duce bed. I will have to play around with it so it can take the weight. Now I just have to get it to dump. :)

Thanks again,
Glenn

tm america

ya i think all the trailer sit close to the bed .but it should be easier to put a dump under a deuce bed than a trailer bed since the frame rails run the same way as the frame unless you extend the frame you will have a problem with the bed hitting the ground when it dumps,:roll:you can put duals on a m105 just change the lugs for ones off a truck

grobinson2

Well I am really looking forward to starting this "little" project. Now all I need to do is find an M200 as there is apparently not one single one for sale anywhere in the USA right now on GL. grrrr

Thanks, Glenn