• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 bows dimension

JCKnife

Has anyone the dimensions of the M35 canvas bow, Just the top part not the upright or metal curved bits ?
I have a carpentry project forthcoming. If the wooden bows from a M35 would work-out it would save me having to make my 15 of my own glue-lam beams.
I would just buy them from one of our favourite suppliers...
Specifically, overall length and how much arch, (rise from the horizontal plane)

Thanks,
Jakob

Who supplies them? I need a few myself but all I've been able to find online is a complete set on Ebay with a tan cover I don't need...

cten

Gee, I made my own out of oak I picked up at HD for $10.00 each. Soaked them down and put them between a couple of chairs and laid (2) 5 gallon jugs of water on them to bow them out. Did that for a week and it worked fine.

I always though you could purchase them for about $15.00 each maybe $20.00. Some times your time is worth more than trying to make them.

TexAndy

I just steamed and bent some clear pine bows. It was regular old McCoy's hardware store lumber. Like a dollar something a board. Worked just fine.

I'll post pics tomorrow when there's light to take a picture.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferroequinologist reportedly had a gazillion of them at the GA rally. I didn't see a single one. Would have liked to pick up a dozen spares.

jatonka

The origial bows are NSN 2540-00-293-4730. 74 1/2" long, 2 3/8" wide and 7/8" thick. I make and sell them new from steam bent clear Oak. JT out