• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Civy trailer hitch

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to install normal brake controler and run all the wires yourself. Just don't forget that the controlers are 12 volt and the trucks 24 volt, some type of inverter is needed or 12 volt system.
I just used a 24-volt relay & added a Y-adapter to the brake light input on the Airpack (Wire #75 I believe). When you press the brake pedal, the trailer brake is activated just like it's supposed to. I mounted the relay well above the accelerator pedal on the inside of the cab wall. I use a 12-volt brake controller, runs off my 12-volt circuit. Works great.

CM1SCWLACY

Reese also makes an universal hitch that adjusts/mounts from frame rail to frame rail that we have mounted on our M35A2. I am not sure what it is rated at, but I have pulled a racing car trailer with a M38 Willys loaded on it and it didn't even blink an eye. I will see if I can find the part number and/or post a pic of the one we have.

TsgtB

I picked one up-thought it was from a SS member. Checked through my inbox (Steel Soldiers) and dindt find who it was. I will check my work computer on Monday-may have got it off Ebay.

**** mikew - www.xm381.com **** added website info

Picture shows what it looks like-price was good too-around 200 bucks or so. Does not work with brakes, but is adaptable with a jumper wire and trailer controller.
Pete
View attachment 406536

How are people mounting the XM381 civi adapter?
Does anyone have pictures of one mounted?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks