• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Clutch Alining Arbor

deaton

I'm going to be replacing the pressure plate and clutch of my gas M35 very soon. Does anyone know where I can find the alining arbor that is referenced in all the manuals? What is the part number? Can I get one from an Autozone or NAPA? I'm going down to Aberdeen later in the week and see if I can pick one up. Thanks.

Dieselsmoke

I've always just used some deep well sockets. Works great if you have the right sizes to slide into each other.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I'm the village idiot. For some reason I've seen fit to chop up a transmission and remove said input shaft to do clutch alignments. The tranny was junk so the way I see it, it was the cheap way out.

Dieselsmoke

That works great too! I had a NOS input shaft that I used on the 5 ton tranny, worked great. I've seen input shafts on Ebay from time to time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I use input shafts from trannies I have parted out for my cars (18 and 23 spline Mopars) and for my Dad's Chevelle (course input Muncie).

The cheesie plastic ones that come with clutch kits? worthless. weight of the disc bends them.

Compromise? Lisle Tools makes a nifty tool wioth a tapered piece that slides into the disc.

Here's a link:

http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=1006

I suppose of you had access to a lathe, you could make your own......measure the inner diameter on the disc and the inner diameter of the pilot bushing and make one..........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks