• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Deuce Bed Trailer ( Future Camper)

desert demon

Finally got to pic up the DOUBLE D ( Desert Demon ) Last Friday and this trailer followed it home :-D This is going to be our camper project.Got a 87 Coachmen Motor Home we will be useing as a doner.Water tank,sewer tank,fridge,microwave,,generator,shower,hot water heater,regular heater,propane tank exc.exc.The trailer has a good tarp and troop seats in it,the not so good as of now is,no lights,no air lines, open hubs,no axle shafts,no gears in the pumpkins,no brakes,no air pack and had to chain the body down with binder.Only took about 8 hours to get it home.Stoped several times to check the heat on the wheel bearings.Only had to stop twice to let one cool down,all others ran pretty cool.Hopeing to be able to start on it soon :-D

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have some axles that have been cut off, if you want something to cap those holes with. Granted, a piece of steel would work fine too.

desert demon

Going to leave both axles under it and just single out the wheels.Would like to put some super singles under it like the truck but maxed out on funds now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Young man, you've got it backwards! Your deuce is supposed to be tandem axles and the trailer single! I suggest re-reading your TM's.

rofl

svanhorn

Would you be interested in fiberglass side racks for that trailer? I will be close to you on Wednesday when I pick up the lot that I won, and I don't need the deuce racks.

53037977.jpg

desert demon

Finally stripping the motor home

Have got to strip some of the motor home last weekend.Hopeing to get a little more done this weekend after a little play time with DOUBLE D :) Wonder if people new how these things were put togeather if they still feel confertable driveing them LOL

Attachments

desert demon

what are your plans for the trailer? You building a box and putting some of the moho parts in it? love the looks of that trailer!
Ya going to build a box.The main structure be steel.Going to take all of the liveing conforts from the motor home except for the toilet and bath room sink and add to the trailer.Slowly disecting the motor home so i can see,take picture,and video to refer to on how every thing is wired and hooked up.The wife and i are around 5 feet 6 inches so be just under 6 feet standing room.All so dropping the tail gate weld it and add another foot wich gives us around 14 feet to play with.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Young man, you've got it backwards! Your deuce is supposed to be tandem axles and the trailer single! I suggest re-reading your TM's.
rofl
I think they both should be tandem ;)
Really don't like single axle trailers on the tracks we use, that's why I'm trading in my 105 Hardtop for a bolster w/ a box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks