• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 help

wdwjr

Ok please help if you can. I am rebuilbing my M35-A2 and i need floating cage nuts non tinnerman but the orginals anyone got any clue where to get these. the size i need is 3/8 x 24 to mount the front fenders on the cab.
Thanks
David

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like a number of members use McMaster-Carr. Can't site a specific part number but they should have them, they have everything else.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if I remember correctly, there are 3 per side and you can only get to 1 of them on the backside so how are you going to install them?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had the same problem. To get to them you have to cut an access hole into the end of the tube. I ended up taking a nut, welding it to a washer, then placed the washer nut combo on the back side, and welded it in place on the front. My repair isn't orginal but will hold better than the captured nuts and no one would have ever known if I hadn't told it :wink:.