• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 in California needs ride to South Florida

lazybum

Please excuse me but I am new to the board so if I seem a little on the thick side please bear with me. Have just bought a pristine Duce and a half in Hesperia Ca.and need to transport it to South Florida. I also hope to pick up a Milling center near buy at the same time. If anyone can lead me in the right direction as to a company or person with flat bed or drop deck trailer who can handle this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

glplus4@gmail.com

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It sure does look good, though!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you considered driving it home? :driver:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. You bought Dave's deuce. He did a great job fixing it up. You should be very happy with that truck.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have seen that truck in person and it is SUPER NICE! Dont know what you paid but judging by its condition I'm sure it was a pretty penny. Why dont you fly out to ontario airport and drive it home. The truck is in tip top shape from what I saw. $200 plane ticket, $1500 diesel fuel, $150 worth of fast food in 3 days, $5.00 bottle of tums, the fun of a road trip across the country in a duece,,,,,priceless!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Priceless, how true! Just last night, I was at a restaurant and met a guy that is riding a horse from NY to NC dressed as a Minuteman(has a mission). It reminded us of a friend that as a teenager, rode his bicycle from NY to Cali and back in about a years time. I think the deuce drive across the country would rate right up there with those memories for a lifetime. Bjorn has done it, J Tennis and crew is about to do it. Why not?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done 2568 miles in just about 4 1/2 days before. Lots of stuff to see at 50 to 55 mph. I reckon shipping may break the bank unless you can get a shared ride.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a truck in ND. You or I could contact the same shipper to see what he would charge to first pick up a truck in CA...head to ND to get my truck...go to either MD or FL and then the other. I was quoted $3,700 to get my truck from ND to MD. Let's say he says it is another $1,500 for your truck...we could work out how we split up the costs. Please understand I am not saying that you'd pay $1,500. We would split the costs some how that was fair. If you are interested, PM me. If you have another way of getting the truck home, go for it.

Bozor1000

DRIVE IT-DRIVE IT-Make sure you bring the wife along for the experience. If the Deuce is as clean as what I hear, take some vacation and see this beautiful country of ours. I know how much I appreciate this country. After spending some time overseas and seeing the way people live in other country's, really made me stop and think how good we have it here. To drive a couple thousand miles without any restrictions. PRICELESS! There is no other country in this world that you could do that freely in a MV. Imagine trying to do that in a third world country. You can't. My opinion is drive that thing. Don't forget the ear plugs and the Mouse ears!

M1075

Mileage from Hesperia, CA to Fort Meyers, FL is about 2,600. If you can ship a deuce that far for less than $5000 I want to hear about it. Sharing a load like Bruce suggests would be a good idea, except ND and MD aren't exactly on the way from Southern CA to Southern FL. If you have a week to spare, it sounds like your best bet might be to fly out and drive back.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with driving a truck that far is the unnecessary wear you put on the truck. 3,000+ miles is a lot on any vehicle, but especially a 30+ year old truck, no matter what its condition. I actually thought about driving my truck from ND and decided against it for this reason. I do agree, BOZOR1000, I would like to see the country, too.

dc3coyote

whew for the cost of driving it across country, you could have bought a few nice
Dueces
but I would drive it for you. That would be a blast to drive a duece across country!! especially in the summer time taking the southern passes
shoot me a PM if you want a very cheap driver.

tymbom

I think that 2600 miles put on a vehicle while getting to see this great country would be worth it. What is the difference between 2600 a little at a time or in a week or two anyway?? Isn't the point of this hobby to drive and enjoy our MV's?? I had a ball with my Dad just towing an MV 800 miles. I can't imagine how cool that would be to drive a Duece from California to Florida....

Green_gator

I recently drove one from Indiana to Florida and soon will take one from Oklahoma to Colorado. You do get to see a lot of country doing it the driving way but it is a gamble. If you are driving it around the first of July let me know as I will be in Colorado and could be talked into helping drive it back.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Re: RE: M35 in California needs ride to South Florida

doghead said:
Priceless, how true! Just last night, I was at a restaurant and met a guy that is riding a horse from NY to NC dressed as a Minuteman(has a mission). It reminded us of a friend that as a teenager, rode his bicycle from NY to Cali and back in about a years time. I think the deuce drive across the country would rate right up there with those memories for a lifetime. Bjorn has done it, J Tennis and crew is about to do it. Why not?
I read a story several years ago about a 50ish woman living in Texas who wanted to go see her grandchildren in New England. Problem was she had almost no money and no car. But she did have a horse. So off she goes at a leisurely pace picking up jobs washing dishes and such for food money and horse care. By the time she had gone only a couple of hundred miles her story got out ahead of her and people along the route would meet her and give her meals and odd jobs and a place to sleep for the night. After about 9 months she got to NE and sw her kids and grandkids. Pretty cool story.

lazybum

Slow Ride

Wow! You guys are a real inspiration.When I found this truck on Ebay and talked to the owner I knew that this is the one. Have had 4 bids to transport it from a high of 13000 to 6100, If I were to drive it home the owner said it gets about 7-8 mpg divided by 2600 miles and multiplied by 5.00 a gallon for fuel comes out to about 1700 for fuel. Add air fare and meals it would still be a lot cheaper to drive it. I have a 12 year old daughter that would jump on the chance for an adventure like that although I would have a few concerns for safety. I would have to be constantly on guard. This is defiantly an option though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=330240434770&rd=1

:idea: Still thinkin any more opionins and or suggestions? You guys have already been a big help.

100dollarman

Good looking Deuce!

If you need temporary storage I have a yard nearby Hesperia that you could use. And I have a loading dock you are welcome to use if you get a truck with no ramps to haul it. Let me know if I can help!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are certainly many folks along the way that could help if you needed assistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks