• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 in car show

phil2968

My brother Rick, Rbeasley66 on here, entered his M35 and M105 in the Lake Mirror Classic auto show. This is the second time Rick as entered his truck. He has taken home a Peoples Choice Award this year and last. The vets that walked by all stopped and looked at his set up. He added a lot of period pieces to his set up and it really looked cool.
Lake Mirror Classic
Lots of nice cars, trucks, and boats.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great way to spend the day! Nice display.

196thprober

Great job on the display!

Been around a few car shows with a Historic Military Vehicle or 2 displayed. It's pretty comical in that often times those that have spent many 10s of thousands of $ on their fancied up and nice rods and old classics REALLY get an attitude going about all the attention an old MV just sitting there gets. A real grin!

rbeasley66

Thanks for all the kind words about my truck and display. It was a real long day wearing a pack and full canteens, but it was well worth it. The word I heard from most of the Vietnam Vets was how "authentic" everything looked with my display. That was worth all my hard work getting everything ready for the car show. And, I had the only muddy, dirty vehicle there. I shared with everyone that my display was a snapshot from the Vietnam War. But, I did struggle with bringing a dirty truck to a car show. But, I won 2 Sponsors Choice Awards this year, so I must have done something right.

They also had the first fashion show this year in honor of a member that pasted away. Out of 28 vehicles, I placed in the top 5 and got to walk the runway and got interviewed as well. And of course, I was asked about bringing a dirty vehicle to the car show. Everyone thought it was a great way to show off my truck and honor those that had served in that war.

Thanks again for all your positive input!
Rick

Last edited:

flop88

car show

Nice setup Rick wish i could have seen it in person but had to work MAYBE i can get your brother to sell me one of his trucks.;-) By the way im Doug i work with phil.