• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 in the USF Homecoming Parade

tjcouch

I am a proud University of South Florida Alum (B.A. 94, M.B.A. 05) I organized my 4X4 club to participate in the homecoming parade this year. I lead the group with some friends in the back along with a 1500 watt sound system pumping out the USF fight song at concert level, followed by 29 Jeeps and other off road vehicles.

We tossed a whopping 19 cases ($800!) of green and gold Mardi Gras beads to the crowd.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, you been busy! USF home comming, Fl. air museum...Nice driving that beast around, isn't it! Nice truck. I see you need some cab top bows though.

aboonski

RE: Re: RE: M35 in the USF Homecoming Parade

I enjoyed watching the video of the retrieval of the two vehicles from that mudhole and sent a link of the video to my son Jonathan Broadbent who also lives in Tampa. I want to get him interested in military vehicles but he lives in one of those gated communities that restrict things like M35's, etc. He also graduated from the University of South Florida and now works for Price Waterhouse Coopers in Tampa. My deuce is also a 1968 Kaiser Jeep with drop sides and also has the 'C' turbo thanks to Kenny.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hmmm, funny observation. USF is no where near south Florida.

bugei

nothing like a duece in a homecomeing parade. nice touch with the dog on the roof

SasquatchSanta

Good looking truck --- good looking crew.

The dog adds a lot of class to the operation.

It's good to see an old retired soldier like your
deuce participating in noble civilian causes.

Party on!

saddamsnightmare

M35A2 in Homecoming Parade

:p
Nice touch with the deuce, at least your weather admits of the soft cab roof- BUT a set of bows would improve the top's appearance. Does your truck have hazard lights, or are the turn signals always on with the headlights?? My 1971 M35A2 seems to have neither hazard lights or conventional parking lights, unless something's haywire in the wiring.
Built in 1971 by Kaiser Jeep, and very few mofidcations over a 35 or 36 year career.
Oh YEA, let's here it for gated communities, we'll all conform and be bland- I'd rather my Mercedes Benz Unimog or M35A2 over some sorry A-s pink hummer H2 ( and yes, there is one of those here in Paris, TX).
Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year's,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2
1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog (Swiss)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks