• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Instrument Panel Marking

jimm1009

A couple of weeks ago I removed all of my gages, cleaned them, and replaced the 5-wire spider harness. I also made a ground harness to go from each electric gage to ground once it is reinstalled. Months ago when I drove the truck from Louisiana up to it's new home here near Louisville, KY the oil pressure fluctuated a lot as the ground was very poor.
Common problem and I fixed mine. While all the gages were out I stripped off the paint and then primed and painted from and back of panel.
The smaller gages were identified with approximately 3/8 or so tall white lettering that appeared to be painted on.
My question to the masses is this; I don't want to use a label maker as the label is shiny. I look at Rick Larsen's site and while he may make an small oil board stencil, there were no label kits listed.
Has anyone come across a source or method for remarking the panel? Yes I know that the average Joe would not be too smart if he did not know the function of each of the gages but I would like for it to appear close to the way it was. Thank you, Jim or jimm1009 here on s.s.

jimm1009

Thank you!
I placed the order today via their website as he is closed Thursday through Sunday. I also ordered my 1 3/4 inch oil board stencil for my military registration number which starts in 04M. I am getting ready to register it in my home state of Indiana and their law is a duplicate of Louisiana's where you stencil the number on the front and back and since it is an antique which is 25 years old or more, I get a registration with "no plate issued" and can drive it without the plate. I did that from 1995 until last year with my M1009 and is perfectly legal. I know, not part of the original thread. :)

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I placed the order today via their website as he is closed Thursday through Sunday. I also ordered my 1 3/4 inch oil board stencil for my military registration number which starts in 04M. I am getting ready to register it in my home state of Indiana and their law is a duplicate of Louisiana's where you stencil the number on the front and back and since it is an antique which is 25 years old or more, I get a registration with "no plate issued" and can drive it without the plate. I did that from 1995 until last year with my M1009 and is perfectly legal. I know, not part of the original thread. :)
I was just looking at re-stenciling today and the ID number on my truck starts with the same 04M also and is set up just like your avatar pic minus the hardtop. I’m in the middle of installing my 395’s and flipping the rear hubs this weekend.

jimm1009

I was just looking at re-stenciling today and the ID number on my truck starts with the same 04M also and is set up just like your avatar pic minus the hardtop. I’m in the middle of installing my 395’s and flipping the rear hubs this weekend.
---------
Knarlie Dude like my son says. lol
Good to know someone else is do that. I need to flip my rear hubs too from what most people say. I kind of like the dish out look in the rear but I guess that the front and back track lining up is more important in snow and mud. My truck is 04M64669 and is a W/W. Glad you reminded me. I needed to change the picture. I think that this frontal view make it look more "fiestly".

Last edited:

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I do like the look of the dished out look better for the m35, it seems to keep the original look better, but without modifying the valve stems and some other things I figured I’d go ahead and flip them now before mounting. My reg number is 04M33469-0325 which for what I read was originally a WO/W but someone converted it to a W/W

jimm1009

Yea I do like the look of the dished out look better for the m35, it seems to keep the original look better, but without modifying the valve stems and some other things I figured I’d go ahead and flip them now before mounting. My reg number is 04M33469-0325 which for what I read was originally a WO/W but someone converted it to a W/W
Your registration number does not actually have the -0325 as the 0325 is part of the actual VIN or serial number but it may be the way someone else incorrectly did the paperwork. I have seen it before. Good luck in your mods. Us boys and our toys. lol
Jim

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol yea I should have said I have the 04m33469 with a 0325 configured m35 sorry I need to proof read more or read over it to make sure it makes since coming out of this head , and good luck in your endeavors

jimm1009

Lol yea I should have said I have the 04m33469 with a 0325 configured m35 sorry I need to proof read more or read over it to make sure it makes since coming out of this head , and good luck in your endeavors
You have a 1969 M35 truck Good deal. Kainser-Jeep too I bet. Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks