• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 OA331 engine

m48a2wantabe

Clayon454
I’m trying to take the belts off, the compressor pulley, how does it come apart, appears to be a two piece design. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks79E4C713-8347-4663-88AA-0D467397D276.jpeg

Barrman

Loosen the set screw and then spin that part of the pulley to widen the gap for the belt which makes the belt loose. The 1964 TM's on this site and the ones on Jatonka.com have Gasser information.

Barrman

The 1965 TM9-2320-209020 on page 309, sub section c, figure 241 tells and shows how to adjust the belt on the water cooled air compressor found on the stock REO Gasser engine.

Basically, as already posted. Loosen the set screw and twist that part of the pulley the set screw is in counter clockwise to loosen the belt. There is a special tool that is supposed to be used for this job. However, I did it on my Gasser several times before I had the tool.

Crazyguyla

Got that out, does outer pulley come off towards you or away from you?
The outer pulley twist CCW. There is room to put a large wrench/adjustable wrench behind rear pulley to hold it. You may have to use a brass punch on the bosses on the front pulley to get it moving. Once it's starts moving, you'll be able to spin it off by hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks