• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Operating temp??

Flyingvan911

I wonder if it needs a good system flush. A deuce will usually run very cool at 45 degrees. Mine would run about 130-140 at that temp if I didn't cover it up and make it stay warm.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My A2 with a load and a 100 plus out runs around 200, most of the time it is just below 200, like 180-190.
You can see that in the pic.

Attachments

armytruck63

When I was hauling a F-800 up from Matthews, La (about 200 miles, load was 18k+) the temp never went above 180. Good luck (In fact, I have a pic of the guage under load... will find and post)
Kendelrio, I hope you have a good reason for towing that butt-ugly Ford home! :p

Westex

I've never seen the temp guage over 200 on my deuce, but it did actually get to the 200 degree hashmark driving over the transmountain pass of El Paso on a day that was about 104 degrees with 10% humidity. Hot day. But then again, I had just replaced the radiator with a new one, and I run Fleet Charge coolant, designed for anti cavitation in diesel engines. I also advocate, as one member previously posted, to go and buy a laser temp reader. When in doubt, pull over and whip it out!

chicklin

Mine gets up to about 215 when it's really hot outside (mid to upper 90's and humid). Runs about 195-200 on warm days. Runs around 165-175 on cooler days (60's - 70's). I'll tell you about cold days here in a couple months.

rawfish

OK so I just flushed out the radiator and put in new coolant. At idle after it warms up the temp is almost at 200 again? This
is just at idle in the driveway?

Is this normal? Also anyone have a picture of were the thermostat is and were can I buy one?

hondaharley2003

I found my radiator was blocked by paint took a psi washer to the front and washed the paint through till i heard the water hitting the fan it was running hot before

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks