• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 recovery in New Mexico

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I picked up my first Duece on Friday, Bruce was the site manager, very helpfull, was using the duece to jump another guys truck. I was prepared to tow the duece but It was running fine, Bruce does the listings and doesnt bother to mention his units generaly run good, he feels they are better than most?? but has poor listing skills. He relayed that all his M35's had been sitting for 3-5 years so plan on batteries. Drove the rig and a M105 back to Denver after changing the oil in the Walmart parking lot. Purchase to pickup in about 30 days. The site was very helpfull to get me prepared for the pickup, bring WD40, every hinge and mount was stuck and unmovable, the Military had checked and certified the coolant in 2005, nice.. I can report the M35's that I gave a quick visual to were pretty much devoid of rust, tires not overly dry rotted, some with a few goodies still in them, and most had some faded and peeling paint.

Thanks to the community and great job on this web site!!:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I picked up my first Duece on Friday, Bruce was the site manager, very helpfull, was using the duece to jump another guys truck. I was prepared to tow the duece but It was running fine, Bruce does the listings and doesnt bother to mention his units generaly run good, he feels they are better than most?? but has poor listing skills. He relayed that all his M35's had been sitting for 3-5 years so plan on batteries. Drove the rig and a M105 back to Denver after changing the oil in the Walmart parking lot. Purchase to pickup in about 30 days. The site was very helpfull to get me prepared for the pickup, bring WD40, every hinge and mount was stuck and unmovable, the Military had checked and certified the coolant in 2005, nice.. I can report the M35's that I gave a quick visual to were pretty much devoid of rust, tires not overly dry rotted, some with a few goodies still in them, and most had some faded and peeling paint.

Thanks to the community and great job on this web site!!:driver:

Great, my secret is out now......

But after this last sale, there are no more trucks (according to Bruce) for quite awhile, if at all. :(

Congrats on the recovery, I have driven 6 trucks home from that site, all without issue.

Ed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Congrats!!

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:driver:Glad all went well. Bruce is great to work with. I have taken several trucks and trailers from there as well. FMJ is correct, that will be the last for awhile. They may trickle out of Kirtland once in a while. Perhaps 1-2 per year. Same with Holloman.
The last truck I took out of Santa Fe even had good batteries.

otisroy

Great, my secret is out now......

But after this last sale, there are no more trucks (according to Bruce) for quite awhile, if at all. :(

Congrats on the recovery, I have driven 6 trucks home from that site, all without issue.

Ed
Ed, hopefully the M939s will be obsolete before too long :-D

offroaddiesel

fmj going to vist a friend in las cruses after new years,hopefuul the weather will be good.was there a few years ago and it was very cold,left maine for better temps and froze. steve from western maine

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
fmj going to vist a friend in las cruses after new years,hopefuul the weather will be good.was there a few years ago and it was very cold,left maine for better temps and froze. steve from western maine
Im heading down that way soon, im looking forward to the trip as is a buddy, the wifes not so much....
Warm during the day here 65-70, but at night.....

No telling what Jan will be like....50's?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks