• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Specs

Mogmans

Is there a location for general specs. for the M35, tire size axle ratio,trans specs. etc? If not one would be nice.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Click the banner above to go to the main SS site. In the SS Zone there is technical specs and photos of many military vehicles. Click HERE to go straight to the deuce page.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think making a specs page might be counter productive. Here's my thought. All of the information is available in one TM or another. Since every reasonably current deuce TM is available online, nobody has the excuse they don't have or can't afford it. Heck, Rdixiemiller has put them all on a disc and is just about giving them away. If one is forced to go through several manuals to obtain all the specific data, they just might learn a lot more about their truck than they ever had. Guys, face it! I know its customary for men not to read the instructions but with a deuce you might just learn something. Given enough time I can find just about anything in the manuals and you can too!

Longhunter7

Recovry4X4,

It also seems easier for a question to be asked for the 400th time, than to use SEARCH at the top of the Forum to find the answer!

Members need to take the time to learn what is in the Forum and use the resources that we have provided.

Keep'em rollin'! :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of the search function, for all you folks with TMs in PDF format, you can search that too. It's explained in Acrobat Reader but basically its ctrl+F. You can search your own TMs for NSNs and part numbers you find on Ebay and the such. I found a great deal on a multifuel harness on Ebay. Went straight to the TM and found that it was for the LDS-427. Close call. Seller said it was for a mutifuel and he was right, just not my multifuel. Learn PDF search functions and the search function on the website and most questions can be answered without asking a question. I certainly don't have all the answers but I've got a bunch of material that just might.

Mogmans

I tried to search Deuce and deuce mods for axle ratio with no results, some folks just like to insult others for the 400th time.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Mogman,
Haven't seen any mention of axle ratio changes on the forum in all my years. As far as I know there have always been 6.72 gears in the deuce axles. There may be some aftermarket stuff cropping up since the axles have become so popular with off-roaders.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the nitty gritty. There are 3 other ratios for the deuce axles. I have no clue what they are and if you want them, start checking old junk yards since they haven't been produced since the 50s. This came from and old timer at meritor who worked at rockwell all those years ago. For now the 6.72 is it. Along the same lines, some of the 5 ton bridge trucks and honest john rocket launchers had 10.26 gears in place of the usual 6.44 gears.

Longhunter7

Mogman,

We don't mind answering a good question and are not insulted when one is asked!

The Administrators and Moderators of this Forum have worked very hard to make this "The" best place for information on the Deuce!

I started a section called Deuce Tips and Tricks, just to help out fellow members. I even made it a sticky so it would be at the top of the Forum and not buried in the Forum somewhere!

We have started a TECH section to help with information. We added a SEARCH feature to find archived information on posts that contain important info!

What we ask, is that members use all the resources available! If you have done that, then you are way ahead of most members, and ask your questions in the Deuce Forum. We will be more than happy to help you if we can. [2cents]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks