• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 stake pocket dimensions

silentbob

I don't have my m35 anymore but I am trying to fit an m35 top to my latest GL acquisition. It is an International S1600 with a 12' x 8' bed that has steel sides and 5 stake pockets on each side. I bought a top and bows but they are loose in the pockets. I remember when I had my deuce that the troop seats went into the pockets and the stakes for the top went inside of those. But these pockets seem very large compared to the stakes. I don't remember but did the vertical supports for the troop seats have a larger size at the bottom where they slide into the bed than they do at the top where the stakes slide into them?

Can someone take a quick measurement of the size of the stake pockets in the bed where the troop seats slide into and post up. I would appreciate it.

I might need to get a set of troop seat supports to sleeve the pockets or buy a couple of different sizes of square tubing and weld up some adapters. If anyone has a set of seats that I can cannibalize let me know.

silentbob

Thanks. I just measured the ones on the S1600 and they are the same dimensions. Now I just need an old set of seats to grab the uprights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks