• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 to M109 Camper Conversion Build Thread

TACTICAL6

Thanks for the kind words and the offer. We have recoverd the box and have plenty of pictures, just not on my phone. So I will have to post more pics later. Thanks a lot Sephirothq!

Last edited:

TACTICAL6

So, we finally made it back about 11 PM. The "M109" ran flawlessly the whole 900 mile round trip. The chase vehicle was not so cooperative. Now the rehab begins. The exterior of the box is pretty solid. There are a few small holes and seams that need sealed. But unfortunately the floor is completely rusted out. We will replace with all new metal, replace the wood and continue with the build. Here are a few pics of the recovery.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you had a fruitful trip. Did you put on the dash light lenses with the hole on purpose? That much dash light would distract me big time at night.

TACTICAL6

The dash lights were a little bright at first, but after a while I did not notice. Just for the record, my co-pilot AKA "spiderbite", commo chief AKA "muleskinner" and chase vehicle driver AKA 'mama-bear" were all awesome..... Also, hats off to all who supported and offered support for the recovery mission.

Welder Sam

Good deal! Its always good when a plan comes together! I took my box off if my 109.

Theres always a seam or hole to seal. Just imagine how many butts cycled thru that drivers seat and each one thought their way was best.

I do have a question, why sheet metal for the floor instead if wood as original? Dont get me wrong, original isnt always better. Just curious

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tactical,

If you paint the inside of the light (metal, not the glass) with some flat white high temp paint it will make inside a lot brighter inside the box. That, and use rough service 130 volt, 60 watt bulbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks