• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Transfer box

davemccoull

Could anybody tell me if air shift transfer case is interchangeable with sprag clutch type, i know i will need air pipes etc. Also has anybody got the air switch and warning light, (new or s/hand).
Dave Mac

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just pull one out and bolt the other one in place, dimensions are identical.
Only one air supply line (1/4") is needed to connect the small air cylinder.

rice

Is it possible to convert a sprag type to air shift? Or is it better just to swap?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much easier to just swap the cases. Some say the change can be made but others report that it can't after trying. One day, I'll try it myself just so I can report on it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again, swap the whole case or get a REB-kit for the sprag type T-case and install it with the TC in place. But don't waste your time trying to just interchange front sections of both T-cases to convert to air shift! It is possible but only after completely disassembling everything because you also need the rear output shaft of the air shift unit.
Read that tread "Air shift or Reb-kit" again and try to understand what I posted dec.03,2005.

Gerhard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks