• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 wheel cylinder

Rocco

is it cheaper/ worth it to buy the rebuild kit for them
or just go ahead and buy some new ones.
what comes in the rebuild kit for the wheel cylinder just the 1 3/8 rubber piece's?
And how much are the rebuild kits?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess it would depend on if the cylinder was pitted beyond reuse. I'd buy a couple of new ones and the same ammount of kits and build them as needed.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did the wheel and master cyls on the 105. It's been forever since I did a rebuild on any brake part. If they are in good shape, do the rebuild. It's fun!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a diehard fan of rebuilding them. If they are beyond economical repair, I'll replace. Even new cylinders I buy get torn down and inspected, never know how long they've been on the shelf. Kits run under $7 from a dealer and about $13 from NAPA. I buy my kits from www.odiron.com as they are fresh.

jasonjc

The kit from OD Iron and Teds are Star brand. They come with a new spring 2 rubber cups and 2 new outter seal boots. I rebuild mine I've got an extar set so when I do a truck all I have to do is put them in. And then in free time I sand blast , hone , paint and replace the parts in the old one's. Then I have a set for the next truck.

WW2Chevy

Just curious why this is in the WWI / WWII >> CCKW forum and not the "the Duece" ?? The price and availability of CCKW wheel cylinders is NOTHING like the apparent availablility of M35 cylinders :(

Rebuild kits

Kenny,

Do the ones that you buy from NAPA have the pistons?

The ones that I found only came with the cups and caps on the ends. I found that by going to a good truck brake shop you can buy a box of the cups a lot cheaper.

If the pistons are scored, it is usally from rust and then there are usually pits and I trash them. I found that even if you hone the pits that it will still rust there. You can try it by letting the cylinder sit out for a few days and see if the rust will return.

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Rebuild kits

John, I can't afford ther NAPA ones. I used to buy them from Teds Trucks and now ODI.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks