• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Whistler turbo identification

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking at adding a turbo to my 66' m series truck. I have found a NOS "Whistler" turbo on Ebay but was wondering if anyone from pictures could help identify if it is a Whistler c type. I asked for more pictures but he doesn't currently have them due to selling the one pictured and others are in original closed boxes. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

I have found "good" running used ones on Ebay as well from a reputable company( C&C Equipment) NOS $800 o.b.o with $100 shipping. Used $650 o.b.o and $41 shipping. I've been debating on which route to go. I'm not very familiar with these turbos and their lifespan. So I was thinking if I did get the used one I would ship it out and get it rebuilt. But then figured it would probably be the cost if not more than if I just got the NOS turbo. If anyone has any recommendations or experience with these turbos please feel free to let me know what the typical lifespan is and should I just go for it or just look into getting NOS. Thank you

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C&C is a very good company to deal with. Have been there many, many times when my brother was buying parts for his deuce.

If you are going to buy a used turbo then have it rebuilt anyway I would think nos might be the cheaper route.

Seller for the NOS turbo did mention it had 11 exhaust blades as well

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking at adding a turbo to my 66' m series truck. I have found a NOS "Whistler" turbo on Ebay but was wondering if anyone from pictures could help identify if it is a Whistler c type. I asked for more pictures but he doesn't currently have them due to selling the one pictured and others are in original closed boxes. Any help would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks