• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 will not turn left

Corylowdermilk

Hello everyone first time posting.

My m35 will not turn left it will turn right to lock and then back to straight. stops in the same spot everytime I've jacked front wheels off the ground off the ground pulled the rubber boot off on right and left hubs. Turned it back and forth. I haven't found it hitting anything. I'm usually missing something hoping someone could point it out to me. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Love this site

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! I haven't dealt with that problem yet myself. But I see that others are already pointing you in the right direction. Just a heads up, there is a steering box for the M35A2 listed in the "parts for sale" section of the classifieds. Good luck, hope you get it resolved soon.

DodgeTX

Welcome! When is the last time it did turn left? Or did you obtain it without the ability to turn left? If it has previously turned left in your ownership what has changed since the last time it was driven?

Like other posted generally steering box but could also be someone installed a part wrong, or something broke inside on the axle.

Corylowdermilk

Welcome! When is the last time it did turn left? Or did you obtain it without the ability to turn left? If it has previously turned left in your ownership what has changed since the last time it was driven?

Like other posted generally steering box but could also be someone installed a part wrong, or something broke inside on the axle.
I've had the truck for about a year. I was backing up to a trailer when it happen, about 2 weeks ago.

Update : I detached the ball joints to check them independently and the problem is in or around the steering box

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks