• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 wnt turn over just clicks & battery term. Will pop like its shorting

TFRENCH-87M35

OK TUESDAY I DROVE IT FOR A LITTLE AND IT WAS FINE. WED MORNING I STARTED IT AND LET IT IDLE FOR A FEW AND IT WAS MAKING THIS WEIRD POPPING COMING FROM THE EXHAUST/TURBO AREA...THIS HAPPENED ONLY AT IDLE. I TRIED TO START IT TODAY AND IT JUST CLICKS. I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH KEEPING THE BATTS CHARGED DUE TO BAD CONNECTIONS. BUT THE LAST FEW TIMES IVE DROVE HER THE VOLT METER WOULD SLOWLEY GO DOWN LIKE THEY WERENT CHARGING. NOW SHES BEEN ON THE CHARGER FOR A WHILE AND WHEN I GO OUT THERE AND TRY TO CRANK IT IT JUST CLICKS...THE VOLT METER GOES UP TO YELLOW/GREEN LINE LIKE IT HAS ENOUGH JUICE!?! WHEN I TURN IGNITION SWITCH ON I DO HEAR MY FUEL PUMP RUNNING SO ITS GETTING POWER. ANY OF YALLS KNOWLEDGE WOULD B A GREAT HELP THANK U YALL VERY MUCH[thumbzup]

It sounds, just like you said, like you have a connection issue, there's enough connection for things not drawing too much current ( gauge, fuel pump) but not enough for the high current needed for the starter, check/ replace battery/starter connections where needed, after that if you still have the issue with losing battery while driving, I'd also check the generator/alternator, hope you sort it out soon.

James