• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m353 wheel stud

vbe75

how about trying a local truck equip place. fleetpride, NAPA, ect. if you can take the old one in, or even better an undamaged one they sould be able to match one up for you.

jimmcld

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the local truck parts dealers, even the tire places (because they break them and carry spares). I've also tried Memphis Equipment and Murry. I even droped by our local National Guard truck repair facility. I did find a place on line, but they won't talk to me unless I want a large quantity. I've run our of ideas and I was hoping that one of you guys would have an answer.

muddog

Do have any dimensions on it. My M109 had some studs and lug nuts in one of the bins in the back. Get some specs. on it and I'll check and see what I have.

jimmcld

Thanks Muddog. The stud is the same as a deuce stud escept that the diamerter of the sholdered section is .840 instead of 1.000 for a deuce stud. The thread length is 1.156, the fastener length is 2.469 the sholder length is .906, and it has 25 ribs on it. The threads are .750 by 16 threads per inch.

I did finally find a source for them if I wanted to buy $500 worth. I just don'k know what I would do with all of them.

jimmcld

I considered that but I don't know if you could cut the case hardening. Also, I don't know how you would get the 25 knurls back on the stud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks