• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A1 HELP w/reg #'s?? badge plates empty

irontoys

Hello,
I have a M35A1 I picked up from a GL auction. Badge plates are not filled in. Rather than scour the complete chassis in search of a number, I figured I would ask the experts where to look precisely. I guess it would be stamped on the frame somewhere? Any helpful hints appreciated.

hole

Start with the left front frame rail above the diff, If it's old enough it might be on the right side in same location. FWIW, I've yet to find the #'s stamped in my frame, the only way mine was ID'ed was by using the USA/ Hood #. Look for Carnac's 2009 truck ID thread for help.

GoHot229

I found mine on the rear area pictured. A word of caution though, only use a wire brush on a side grinder, and not a sander or you may loose the numbers all togather, sometimes their not stamped any too deep into the metal of the frame