• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 1968 Kaiser exact color code for olive drab?

alfa59

Hi,

Greetings from Belgium (Europe). I want to respray my M35A2 in olive drab. I searched the forum about previous questions.
Is the FS 595 A olive drab 34087 the correct answer - I am looking for a matt version used between 1968 - period before camo came on board.

Regards,

Chris

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Chris,
U.S. army regulations issued in the closing hours of WWII through the advent of the four-color MERDC camouflage scheme called for a semi-gloss OD. Although this order was issued before WWII ended - it specified that manufacturer's were to exhaust the supplies of flat on hand before switching, thus in practice it was not until just after WWII that vehicles were actually painted in the semi-gloss.

The color that was used on M35A2 production prior to the camo was FS595B 24084, or FS595A 24087 (same color, different numbers).

Hope that this helps.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks