• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 3 GROOVE PULLEY FOR AIR COMPRESSOR OR ALTERNTOR PART SOURCE????

61sleepercab

Does anyone have a part number or source for a 3 groove pulley for either the alternator or air compressor pump ? I am trying to add power steering to a Deuce and may run a one groove power steering pump for power? I may add a 12 vt alternator at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. Mark

red

For the power steering fluid requirements its kind of hard to pass up on the pump from the 5ton trucks.

With a 12 volt alt TM America makes the brackets, multiple threads in this section about a 12volt system.

rustystud

Does anyone have a part number or source for a 3 groove pulley for either the alternator or air compressor pump ? I am trying to add power steering to a Deuce and may run a one groove power steering pump for power? I may add a 12 vt alternator at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. Mark
You really don't want to run your pump that fast. The diameter of the air compressor pulley is close to 8" or more. Way too fast ! You don't want to use the alternator pulley since you will be adding to much strain to a unit that is already pulling a lot of HP to turn. Use a 5 ton pump assembly like others have said. You won't regret it.

Last edited:

61sleepercab

I may run Char Lynn power steering power generator type system and 5 ton pump would have to have psi reduction for use and lots of excess flow for Char lynn system. I may go with power steering box but I do not want more in power steering than whole truck cost. PS I have the multifuel power steering pump and drive gear, but it is over kill for some applications. Thanks for the input. Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks