• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Air Pack Questions???

WhoMe08721

Also this past week I decided to relocate the air drains for the air tanks to make it easier to drain the tank and to help with moisture & corrosion. First I installed the Manual drain valve with pull cables and they did not work that great for me. After 2 days one started to leak and in the back of my mine I was thinking that the cable could get pulled on when wheeling or even when cross the deep water. So I scraped that idea and decided to relocate the drains to my side tool box. Still need to make a cover for the values and I think I am going to fab a skid plate for the air tanks too.

Attachments

ToddJK

Also this past week I decided to relocate the air drains for the air tanks to make it easier to drain the tank and to help with moisture & corrosion. First I installed the Manual drain valve with pull cables and they did not work that great for me. After 2 days one started to leak and in the back of my mine I was thinking that the cable could get pulled on when wheeling or even when cross the deep water. So I scraped that idea and decided to relocate the drains to my side tool box. Still need to make a cover for the values and I think I am going to fab a skid plate for the air tanks too.
That's not a bad idea. I haven't had that happen to me as far as foliage catching them and releasing air, but I've had them get stuck open due to mud and dirt. I now spray mine with WD-40 every once in a while and that stopped. Only thing I'd be concerned about, if you took it through some mud holes or off road, if a large stick, roots, what have you, catches those, it may either just break the little cables or break the ends off the air tanks with no way to stop the air leak. I leave the ends so if pulled hard on, they will slip out of the contraption and the cables will just straighten out hopefully without breaking anything. A skid plate to protect the cables sure is a good idea. I'd like to see how that looks when it's finished, I may consider doing similar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks