• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 and M35A3 Transporting Plants

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Blairsville Garden Club in Blairsville, Georgia is having a plant sale this weekend. They needed to transport a large number of plants to the Union County Farmers Market today for the sale. I was asked to provide my two Deuces to help with the plant move. A friend drove my A3 and I drove my A2. We put about 175 miles on each Deuce and had a great time. I also had two people ask if my A2 was for sale. I'm keeping both the A2 and A3.

Attachments

Akicita

The trick to keeping plants from getting wind damaged is to either lie them down, or tie them up so that they don't bend too much (and possibly break) . If you have a lot of them, keep them close together. A single tree breaks more easily then a tree in the middle of a forest.... I've transported plants in the past and never had any issues. Of course, it helps to choose a route that allows you to go slow. I chose local roads (35 mph) instead of major roads where I could have gone faster.

Thanks for helping the Garden Club. It helps all of us when people see that these trucks are used for a good purpose.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trick to keeping plants from getting wind damaged is to either lie them down, or tie them up so that they don't bend too much (and possibly break) . If you have a lot of them, keep them close together. A single tree breaks more easily then a tree in the middle of a forest.... I've transported plants in the past and never had any issues. Of course, it helps to choose a route that allows you to go slow. I chose local roads (35 mph) instead of major roads where I could have gone faster.

Thanks for helping the Garden Club. It helps all of us when people see that these trucks are used for a good purpose.
Your thought reminded me of this....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2hFHZcIE20[/media]

GREAT "USE for a DEUCE"... or TWO of 'em :grd:

Jimma

Good Job. Wish I was there to help. It will be good to see your trucks in the Blairsvile Parade with mine for Memorial Day.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own an environmental restoration company and we use, and rely on, military vehicles including trailers. They actually aren't that bad compared to other vehicles. Most can burn multiple fuel types including bio-diesel. Shop vans are great for transporting plants.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks