• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 and M818 Offroading

joshs1ofakindxj

Myself (M35A2) and Buzzinhalfdozzen (M818 on 53's) went out in the woods Sunday and had a blast!

My favorite pictures are attached but the rest of the pictures and videos can be seen at Pittsburgh-Offroad: Mountain Maneuvers........

I figure we covered about 10 miles offroad over rocks and mud, up hills and down hills, in about 4 hours which is decent time. No stucks and no damage, but we were ready for either, I think!

My shoulders and arms were pretty tired though. Power steering is my new top priority.

Attachments

joshs1ofakindxj

What happened to the stack on the 818?
Removed when a tree knocked it loose. We put it back on when we got out of the woods...then it fell off going down the road, and then we finally fixed it...and then it fell off again..and THEN it was finally fixed.

buzzinhalfdozzen

Actually it fell off again today when I went for a quick joy ride haha. Gonna have to fix it right instead of quick roadside repairs. **** tree branches.

I was really impressed with the truck. Climbed anything I pointed it at. I did have to wave the white flag at mud hole. Should have tried it in a higher gear.

Last edited:

buzzinhalfdozzen

Calling all sprag experts!

Take a look at the mud hole video in the link above, my sprag seemed to be engaging when ever it felt like it. This mud hole was the only problem I had all day. Do I need to adjust it? Or was the difference in wheel speed from front to back not high enough? When I put it in reverse high, the sprag engaged without a problem. Seemed like it didn't engage in 1st low also

Attachments

F18hornetM

Looked to me like the left front was spinning, can see water splashing. Momentum is king as well as high a gear as it will take

Last edited:

goatijoe

Calling all sprag experts!

Take a look at the mud hole video in the link above, my sprag seemed to be engaging when ever it felt like it. This mud hole was the only problem I had all day. Do I need to adjust it? Or was the difference in wheel speed from front to back not high enough? When I put it in reverse high, the sprag engaged without a problem. Seemed like it didn't engage in 1st low also
Look at that snatch block I would hate to have to use it. How many ton is it? How many pounds is it light?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks