• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Bob - Rear semi springs?

MrArmyAnt

Well after realizing how rare front deuce springs are, I'm considering using the front springs I found at a semi truck junkyard. It came off the front of I'm guessing a freightliner, is only two leaves but about 3 inches wide, and has heavy cast hangers that mount to the bottom of the frame, and uses a traditional shackle so one could adjust the height some if one needed to. Also they are 100 dollars. Has anyone done this?

olewhiskey

I haven't done this but thought of air bags in the rear.
You should call a spring shop and ask them as you should consider that the springs were rated for a different load than the deuce. You might have sag or rise and possible different spring rates can change handling over uneven surfaces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks