• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 brake issue

commandojd

Ok, I finally had time to look at my truck and use some of the advice you guys gave me..(thanks again) Last time I posted I was having issues keeping pressure in my brakes...and was told to check a few things. I filled my brake fluid resovor a couple times and it appears to be slowly draining out some where. I checked around all the drums and see no leaking at all, so I dont think it is a wheel cylinder...It has all new brake lines and the master cylinder appears to be in good condition both internaly and externally. Is it possible one of the wheel cylinders is leaking and the drum is just holding all this fluid in?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like its time to go through the whole brake system. Check all the wheel cyls first, as they are the cheapest. Then move on to rebuilding the master, then the air pack. Are just the hard lines new, or is the soft lines new too?

commandojd

Sounds like its time to go through the whole brake system. Check all the wheel cyls first, as they are the cheapest. Then move on to rebuilding the master, then the air pack. Are just the hard lines new, or is the soft lines new too?

They are all new..both the rubber and metal lines

welldigger

To do this correctly your going to need to pull each drum off and pull the rubber boot back on each side of each wheel cylinder. That's a good starting point. As gimp said move on from there.

One quick thing you can check is see if your vent line under the hood is belching brake fluid out. If that is the case, its time to rebuild the air pak.

peashooter

Is it possible one of the wheel cylinders is leaking and the drum is just holding all this fluid in??
Yes, there are holes in the drums to let the oil or grease drain but they can get clogged (as mine did) and there was no evidence of leaks. In my case I flipped the hubs for new wheels and noticed that the seals on 3 of my 4 rear wheels were bad and the brakes were covered with axle lube. Never knew it because the drain holes were plugged.

sandcobra164

One thing I recommend checking is the boot on the front of the master cylinder. The day before the 12' GA Rally, I decided to do a good check of my truck. I was a little low on fluid but did not have any wet drum backing plates. I checked the boot on the master and while it was dry, when I pushed on it, quite a bit of fluid poured out. Luckily I had one in my shed so I changed it along with the airpack since I had a new one as well and the old one never really "assisted" much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks