• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER TECHNICAL CHALLENGE

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever talked about an emergency system that would apply the rear brakes if the system fails?
I have heard some folks talk about adding pinion brakes for emergencies. Of course they'd be 1-time use as they would require a rebuild/replacement after use since they would be spinning 6.5 times faster than the wheels (that's a lot of heat from friction).

rustystud

Almost every mechanic today has a bore scope. I should buy one of the newer models as they are even smaller then mine. I originally bought mine to check the valves in the engines I worked on, but it works on anything that I can fit the eye-piece through.

Chief_919

I have a cheap borescope that hooks into any Android phone or tablet- for under $20 they can't be beat. you can use the cheap Android tablets or a phone with no service if you don't have an Android phone already.

I cant find the exact one I have but it is a lot like this one on Amazon: http://amzn.to/29PqHQQ

saddamsnightmare

July 18th, 2016.

Maybe the new brake components can be sourced from Korea from KIA Motors Military Trucks division, as they are still building M35 and M715 derivatives from our original blueprints.....

rustystud

July 18th, 2016.

Maybe the new brake components can be sourced from Korea from KIA Motors Military Trucks division, as they are still building M35 and M715 derivatives from our original blueprints.....[/QUOTE

I've wondered about that for some time now. The Koreans make very good products, so I'm sure their military truck parts would be top class also. Now we just need to find out if they will sell any of them to us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks